Disclaimer : We were provided this product by Brother and compensated to promote said product. Pinky promise that the opinions here are truthful and our very own. In fact, we only accept partnerships with companies whose products we like and use. Whoa, wait. Walmart? is in no way responsible for quality of, or your satisfaction with, any products viewed on our blog. Have questions? Ask us in the comments over on Instagram! (kissy face emoji!)
Hi friends! As you’re gearing up for (or already tackling) the first few weeks of your little ones going back to school, I wanted to share a few things that make school days run a little more smoothly for my family. It’s been my experience that when we have a good start to our day, my daughter has a better day all around. I know it’s a little tricky to get this right with the change of pace that Back to School brings. Hopefully, a few of these will help some of you out!
Five ways to have good days, always:
- Lay out outfits the night before (game changer for us!)
- Easy Healthy Breakfasts- We do the prep work for a hearty breakfast beforehand. Sometimes it’s baking banana bread or muffins the day before, mixing pancake or waffle batter and leaving it in the fridge overnight, or making overnight oats.
- Morning Routine Chart: List or draw (in order) the get-ready steps your child needs to do when they wake up. My daughter’s list is: Go Potty, Get Dressed, Make Your Bed, Eat Breakfast, Brush Your Teeth, and Wash Your Face.
- Build in a little extra time. I know that seems like an obvious suggestion, but if we build in a few extra minutes of time before we need to be out the door, it can make a world of difference!
- Organized School Supplies- Once at school, my daughter’s day is out of my hands. One way of lessening her stress level is helping her keep track of all of her school things by having them clearly labeled with her name. Thanks to the easy-to-use Brother P-Touch PT-D200G from Walmart, this job’s a breeze.
In fact, I had all of Matilda’s stuff labeled in less than 20 minutes. Y’all, that is with learning how to use this label maker for the first time! It has loads of fun symbols and borders, so you can personalize your label with flowers, hearts and more. Also, there are 8 different fonts to choose from. Don’t worry, you can store your favorite creations to access later. FYI, it requires six AAA batteries.
The best part of labeling for my daughter? The Brother TZe tapes comes in fun colors like berry pink and lime green; in fact, it comes with two bonus tapes in bright yellow and white. Plus they are also durable and laminated so I don’t have to worry about wear and tear. They stay put, they’re water resistant, they won’t fade, and the labels I put on her lunch box and water bottle stay on even after going through the dishwasher. How’s that for convenient?
How do you make school days more successful? Hop over to the Instagram post and join in the conversation! Thanks for letting me share. Here’s to a great school year! (High fives!)
Now I’m going go label everything else in my home……. 😉